Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Knew I Should Have Been Practicing My Acceptance Speech!

It has recently come to my attention that I've won an award! For the record, I had no idea these things even existed. *ahem* Here's the award, in all its glory:


In addition to crashing my web browser repeatedly, this award also comes with rules. I am starting to like this award less and less. Although it should be noted that the person who created it is much more gifted at graphic design than I. So, well done, mysterious Award Master, and may you gift me many more in the future.





Here are the rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 deserving blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them!

PART 1:

It was one of my most faithful readers, TeiTay, who nominated me. You rock! :)

PART 2:

1. I am deathly afraid of worms. No idea why. But now you all know my weakness. I am kind of nervous about this.
2. Last year for Halloween, I went as a pair of legs. I wore glow in the dark fishnets, a black turtleneck, a black mask, and a black miniskirt, so that when it got dark, it would look like a pair of legs walking through the night.
3. I once injured myself while walking down the streets. I tripped over my Crocs. *Public Service Announcement FTW*
4. I want to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher when I grow up.
5. I've been a singer and a violinist for ten years.
6. xkcd is my favorite webcomic, and Hyperbole and a Half is my favorite blog. (NOTE: Both of these websites are hilarious, but they also contain quite a bit of strong language/adult content. If that's not your kind of humor, please don't hold me responsible.)
7. Computer programming and speaking French are two more of my favorite things ever.

PART 3:

I'm going to go ahead and refer you to any one of my followers, because quite frankly, it has come to my attention (within the last five minutes) that I actually have more tags to answer, and also, because I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

UPDATE 4:58 PM, 8/14/2011: I just realized that I inadvertently tagged six of you guys. I think you should all accept the award, but if you don't want to, I'm not going to force you. I already said I wasn't a Nazi.

I'm terribly sorry if this defeats the entire purpose of this award. I hope this doesn't.... do the opposite of float anyone's boat. I don't know what that would be. Sink anyone's boat? That sounds like some sort of euphemism. I should stop talking now before I say something really offensive.

PART 4: 

I'll be in contact with all of you guys shortly, because you are all equally awesome, and I am a nice person. Or at least I think so.

UPDATE! SHINY THINGS! ELEPHANTS!


Just kidding. There won't be any elephants. Unless you guys get really lucky. But.... I'm adding an awesome button! I'll try to change the awesome button with every post. I'm going to keep you in suspense for now, but soon, there will be awesome things, and they will be linked to you by way of the awesome button. Capiche?


Good! And I'll answer my next tag tomorrow. Feel free to keep sending me these (I think they're really cool and I appreciate the publicity), but please let me know about them in the comments. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to obsess over all of your blogs. If you want me to answer a tag, you need to let me know about it without making me comb through all of your posts. Thanks! *tips hat*

No comments:

Post a Comment